The city of Ventura, California, like other cities in California, was hit relatively hard by COVID-19. This is why the governor of California and the mayor of Ventura have put specific guidelines in place. The purpose of these guidelines is to keep the citizens of Ventura safe and healthy and also to allow businesses to open safely.
Q: What Is Ventura’s Reopening Plan?
A: On October 6, 2020, Ventura was approved to move to the red tier of the state’s reopening plan. This meant that there are fewer restrictions than there were earlier in the year. It also allows more businesses to open as long as they follow the set guidelines.
Q: Is It Mandatory to War a Mask In Ventura During COVID-19 Pandemic?
A: Yes. When residents are in public places, they are required to wear masks. If Ventura residents are outdoors and social distancing isn’t possible, they are required to wear a mask.
Q: Are Restaurants Open In Ventura?
A: Yes. Restaurants in Ventura are open, but they must follow strict guidelines.
- Face masks must be worn unless patrons are eating and drinking.
- They are allowed to open at 25 percent capacity or up to 100 people, whichever is less.
- Patrons can only be seated with members of their households.
- All Ventura restaurants must close at 11 pm.
Q: Are Gyms Open In Ventura?
A: Yes, gyms are open, but only at 10 percent capacity. Also, members are required to social distance. The social distance guidelines are different for gyms, and people are required to stay 12-feet apart rather than 6-feet.
Q: What Businesses and Services Are Open In Ventura?
A: Most businesses are now open in Ventura, but there are guidelines that need to be followed. These include:
- Personal care services such as hair salons, massage parlor, tattoo parlors can open indoors as long as masks are worn and customers social distance.
- Indoor shopping malls can operate at 50 percent occupancy, which has been upgraded from 25 percent. Shoppers must wear masks and social distance.
- Indoor retail stores can open at 50 percent rather than 25 percent. Shoppers must wear masks and social distance.
- Food courts can open at 25 percent occupancy and as long as they follow the state’s restaurant guidelines.
- Essential businesses remain open while following the state’s guidelines.
Q: What Does Ventura Describe as “Essential Businesses” During COVID?
A: There are several businesses in Ventura that are considered “essential.” These include:
- Healthcare centers
- Grocery stores
- Agricultural production
- TV, radio, newspaper, and other media
- Gas stations
- Hardware stores
- Housing contractors
- Post office
- Real estate agencies
- Car dealerships
- Legal and accounting offices
Q: Are Gatherings Allowed In Ventura?
A: Yes, but residents must follow the guidelines. Residential gathering that includes more than three households is prohibited. This includes the hosts and the guests. It is recommended that guests wear masks and that the event is no longer than two hours long.
Outdoor weddings are allowed with up to 100 people, as long as social distancing is possible. Indoor weddings are allowed at 25 percent capacity or 100 people, whichever is less. Also, receptions and parties after are not permitted.
Finally, under the red tier, places of worship may open at a 25 percent capacity or 100 people, whichever is less.
Q: How To Keep Business Going During COVID?
A: The best way to keep business going in Ventura during COVID is for business owners to follow the guidelines set by the state and the county.
Residents need to do their part as well by wearing face masks, staying 6-feet apart from one another, and using hand sanitizer often. The only way for Ventura to eventually return to normal is if businesses and residents follow the guidelines designed to slow the spread of COVID.
At Enviro-Master Cleaning Services, we specialize in the following:
- Commercial Cleaning
- Bathroom and Restroom Cleaning Services
- Electrostatic Disinfection Service – Our EPA approved solution kills COVID-19
- Drain Treatment Services
- Paper Restocking
- Tile and Grout Deep Cleaning Service
Protect your business from viruses and keep your clients and employees safe. Contact us today for a free quote on our services.