The coronavirus pandemic has impacted everyone. Numerous states were forced to lock down completely for an extended period of time. Now that they are starting to reopen again, and nobody wants to lock down a second time. Therefore, anyone who runs a gym needs to make sure they follow play guidelines put together by local authorities. At Enviro-Master Services of Ventura, we are here to educate all of our clients to make sure they understand the guidelines that have been released by local authorities.
Train Workers Appropriately
One of the most important guidelines that everyone has to follow involves worker training. There is information readily available from local authorities regarding the spread of this virus and how to minimize it. Some of the other key points that gym employees have to keep in mind include:
- All gym employees need to learn how to screen themselves at home. This includes looking for respiratory symptoms and taking their temperature. Anyone with symptoms needs to stay away from work.
- Anyone who has come in contact with someone who has been confirmed to have the virus should stay home for at least 14 days before returning to work.
- Gym employees need to be taught how to wash their hands thoroughly or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
These simple measures can go a long way toward reducing the spread of the virus.
Placing Gym Equipment in the Facility
Furthermore, it is also important for all gym managers to make sure they understand where their equipment should be placed in the facility. Some of the key points to keep in mind include:
- All equipment in the gym should be placed at least six feet apart to reduce the interaction of patrons with each other
- Any personal trainers were working with gym patrons need to make sure they wear a face covering at all times
- Equipment needs to be thoroughly wiped down and disinfected prior to use by someone else
These simple steps can reduce the spread of the virus in gyms in the local area.
Cleaning and Disinfecting in the Gym
Of course, it is also important for every gym to come up with a comprehensive plan and protocol that can make sure that everything is properly sanitized. Some of the most common areas in which the virus might spread include restrooms, showers, locker rooms, and reception areas. Therefore, every gym has to develop a detailed schedule that might include modifying operating hours to ensure that these areas can be regularly disinfected not only at the end of the day but throughout the day as well. By performing routine cleaning and high traffic areas, it is possible to reduce the spread of the virus. This can go a long way toward ensuring that all gyms in the local area can remain open.
Disinfect Gyms Properly with the Help of Enviro-Master Services of Ventura
If you would like to make sure that your gym is properly disinfected, contact the team from Enviro-Master Services of Ventura today!
At Enviro-Master Cleaning Services, we specialize in the following:
- Commercial Cleaning
- Bathroom and Restroom Cleaning Services
- Electrostatic Disinfection Service – Our EPA approved solution kills COVID-19
- Drain Treatment Services
- Paper Restocking
- Tile and Grout Deep Cleaning Service
Protect your business from viruses and keep your clients and employees safe. Contact us today for a free quote on our services.