How to Reduce the Spread of Office Germs
According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the flu causes U.S. employees to miss approximately 17 million workdays, at an estimated 7 billion a year in sick days and lost productivity. The growth of your business depends on productivity. Your employees are critical to productivity, and their health is a priority.
As an employer, you play an essential role in protecting employee health and safety and limiting the spread of influenza. Develop a disaster plan that includes pandemic preparedness.
- Plan for operations with a reduced workforce.
- Work with suppliers to ensure continued services.
- Develop a sick-leave policy that does not penalize employees who have influenza-related symptoms, or who stay home to take care of ill family members.
- Identify possible health risks or exposure to employees.
- Cross-train employees to function in different roles when there are absences.
- Provide employee training on proper hygiene practices and encourage vaccination.
- Implement infection control practices such as cleaning and disinfecting the workplace.
At any given time, billions of pathogens are living on top and inside your restroom fixtures. When a toilet is flushed it ejects millions of water droplets containing bacteria and viruses into the atmosphere.
Enviro-Master’s Restroom Cleaning Service can help protect employees against the spread of influenza and other diseases that lurk in the restroom. During our weekly Sani-Service, a certified Health and Safety Technician will use Sani-Shield to sanitize and coat your restroom. Sani-Shield protects your surfaces that trap dangerous pathogens. We keep your restrooms disease-free, odor-free, and fully stocked. Our service includes free urinal screens, hand soap, and air care products. Contact us today for a free estimate!