The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has posted Phase II COVID-19 guidelines for gyms and fitness facilities. They are divided into two basic categories: Requires and Recommended.
Topics for Gym guidelines:
- Social Distancing and Minimizing Exposure
- Cleaning and Hygiene
- Cloth Face Coverings
- Monitoring for Symptoms
- Protecting Vulnerable Populations
- Water and Ventilation Systems
- Combatting Misinformation
- Additional Resources
- Indoor settings are limited to 30% Emergency Maximum Occupancy. This is determined by calculating 30% 0f stated fire capacity. If a space has no stated fire capacity, limit occupancy to 7 customers per 1,000 square feet of the location’s total square footage.
- Outdoor settings should have occupancy set to the lowest number produced by applying the following three tests:
– Each group limited to the outdoor mass gathering limit.
– The number of customers should be limited to 12 per 1,000 square feet.
– The number of people should be limited in any given outdoor areas to allow every person to have six feet of space from any other individual.
- The number of spectators at sporting events must be limited so that they do not exceed the mass gathering limits in any facility. Participants- such as coaches and players–are exempt.
- Post the reduced “Emergency Maximum Capacity” in a prominent place.
- Post signage that reminds people to stay six feet apart. NC DHHS Know Your Ws provides English, Spanish, Combined English and Spanish versions of the “Wait” flyer.
- In activities involving people spread out among fixed lanes or equipment or, tape off or move the
- equipment, or restrict access to lanes, so that individuals conducting the exercise activity are at
least six (6) feet apart.
- In group activities or group classes, ensure that individuals are spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Instructors are allowed to come within 6 feet of customers for brief periods of time (less than 15 minutes).
- Mark 6 feet of spacing in lines at point of sale and in other high-traffic areas for customers.
- Space out any seating so that individuals waiting to take their turn in any activity
- Adhere To the DHHS Interim Guidance for Restaurants for reopening restaurants or concession stands.
The following are not required but are strongly recommended:
- If possible, move activities outdoors.
- Close all areas where social distancing cannot be maintained, such as steam rooms, saunas, and whirlpools.
- Make use of self-check-in or otherwise position barrier/partition between front desk staff and members.
- When showers or sinks are not six (6) feet apart, limit use to every other shower or sink to allow individuals to maintain social distance.
- Close all lounge areas, common seating areas, and other areas that encourage individuals to gather in groups.
- Provide disposable cups or labeled water bottles for individuals when using any water fountains.
- Encourage people to bring their own bowling balls, bowling shoes, and skates.
At Enviro-Master Cleaning Services, we specialize in the following:
- Commercial Cleaning
- Bathroom and Restroom Cleaning Services
- Electrostatic Disinfection Service – Our EPA approved solution kills COVID-19
- Drain Treatment Services
- Paper Restocking
- Tile and Grout Deep Cleaning Service
Protect your business from viruses and keep your clients and employees safe. Contact us today for a free quote on our services.