Whether you’ve recently started noticing the dirt and grime or it’s been a concern for a while, maintaining your commercial concrete floors and sidewalks is crucial. The buildup isn’t just an eyesore; it can pose safety hazards and give an impression of negligence. But it’s a task that can seem overwhelming to take care of. So, where do you start, and what services are truly necessary for effective commercial concrete cleaning? Let’s break down how to care for those concrete areas.
The Importance of Maintaining Clean Concrete Surfaces
Concrete, while durable and long-lasting, is porous. It can easily absorb liquids, leading to stains, and can accumulate dirt, debris, and bacteria over time. Especially in commercial settings, where many clients and employees frequent the area, these surfaces can get dirty fast. Too much dirt and debris not only impact the look of concrete but can also make surfaces slippery, posing a risk to employees and customers alike. When dirt, grime, or even mold and mildew cover a concrete floor, the friction from the porous material is reduced, causing a slipping hazard. According to the Industrial Safety & Occupational Health Markets, slips on slick floors account for 85% of workers’ compensation claims. It’s in everyone’s best interest to maintain clean commercial concrete so it keeps its integrity longer.
Where to Begin With Commercial Concrete Cleaning
- Inspection: Look for prominent stains, mold buildup, and areas with accumulated dirt. Check for any cracks where dirt might have settled.
- Routine Sweeping: Before any deep cleaning, make sure there is no loose dirt or debris. Regular sweeping can prevent excessive buildup.
- Spot Treatment: Address any stains immediately. Depending on the cause of the stain (oil, coffee, etc.), you might need different cleaning agents. You may need anything from kitty litter to vinegar and lemons to commercial-grade solvents. A DIY clean may require lots of chemicals and elbow grease. You’ll probably want to wear personal protective equipment as well.
- Professional Cleaning: In reality, a professional is your best bet at removing stains — big or small. Commercial concrete cleaning services provide a deep clean, giving your concrete a longer life and a pristine appearance.
Commercial Power Washing is Your Best Bet
When it comes to deep cleaning of concrete surfaces, power washing is likely the most effective method. You can sweep as much as you want, but it will never be as effective as power washing. Here’s why:
- Efficiency: Power washing uses high-pressure water to break down and wash away dirt, grime, mold, and other contaminants. It’s quick and offers a noticeable difference almost instantly. The intense pressure easily removes built-up dirt in seconds. Pressure washing is a time-saver.
- Eco-friendly: You may think of water waste when considering a pressure washing service. However, the latest technology allows for very little water waste. At Enviro-Master Services, our technicians can reclaim 90% of the water used. Plus, power washing doesn’t require harsh chemicals, making it an environmentally friendly cleaning option.
- Prevention: Regular power washing can prevent the buildup of mold, mildew, and bacteria, ensuring that your concrete surfaces remain clean and safe for longer. Power washing utilizes high pressure and high temperatures to eliminate bacteria and germs at a sanitization level.
Refresh Concrete With Enviro-Master’s Re-Fresh Service
The appearance of your business speaks volumes about how you conduct your business. Don’t let dirty concrete surfaces deter your customers or put anyone’s safety at risk. Enviro-Master Services specializes in commercial power washing services designed to tackle the toughest stains and buildup. Whether it’s your commercial building’s exterior, the sidewalks, parking lots, or any other concrete surface, we’ve got it covered. We can even Re-Fresh your business’s dumpsters with our Re-Fresh Service.
Our Re-Fresh service uses the power of “The Tank,” our state-of-the-art power washing equipment. Our technicians are trained to handle this specialized equipment. We remove grease, oils, fats, dirt, and more with temperatures hot enough to sanitize. With our equipment and trained techs, your concrete will look renewed and Re-Freshed.
Leave the commercial concrete cleaning to us. Submit a form or call 1-833-GERMPRO (1-833-437-6776) to get a customized concrete cleaning plan.