On October 30, 2020, it was announced that the state’s number of positive COVID-19 cases increased by over 1,000. This significant increase makes it more important than ever for business owners and residents to follow the guidelines set by the state.
Q: What Is Reno’s Reopening Plan?
A: Currently, Reno is in phase 2 of reopening. With cases on the rise, there are no plans to move into phase 3. According to Mayor Hillary Schieve and Governor Steve Sisolak, there should be no new plans to reopen until the number of cases, hospitalizations have gone down.
Q: Are Masks Mandatory In Reno ?
A: Yes, masks are mandatory in all public places in Reno. Children under two are exempt from wearing a mask. Children between the ages of two and nine are strongly encouraged to wear masks, while it is mandatory for children 10 and over.
In outdoor settings, masks are not required unless social distancing is possible.
Q: Are Restaurants Open In Reno?
A: Yes, restaurants are open in Reno, but strict guidelines must be followed.
- Pickup, delivery and curbside pickup are allowed.
- Indoor dining is allowed at 50 percent capacity.
- Tables and booths must be spaced six feet apart, or with plexiglass barries that are at least six feet high.
- Bar areas are open with strict social distancing guidelines.
- Patrons cannot walk up to the bar, but they can sit at the bar, six feet apart.
- Buffets and salad bars are not permitted
- Reservations are encouraged to prevent customers from gathering while waiting to be seated.
- Face masks must be worn by all customers unless they are eating and drinking. Staff members must wear masks at all times.
Q: Are Gyms Open In Reno?
A: Yes, gyms in Reno are open, but they are required to follow the strict guideline set by the state.
- The number of members allowed in the gym is limited to provide enough space to social distance.
- Gym equipment must be placed six feet apart.
- Members are staff must stay six feet apart at all times.
- Signs must be posted to communicate the social distancing guidelines.
- It is recommended that members wear face masks while working out, but it isn’t required.
Q: What Businesses and Services Are Open In Reno?
A: Now that Reno is in phase 2 of reopening, all businesses are open. Whether or not it stays this way depends on business owners and residents following the guidelines set by the state.
Q: What Does Reno Define As “Essential Business” During COVID?
A: In the early stages of the pandemic, only essential businesses were allowed to stay open. These include:
- Healthcare providers and hospitals
- Grocery stores
- Hardware stores
- Utility companies
- Trash collection
- Home maintenance companies
- Auto repair shops and vehicle towing
- Convenience stores
- Shipping outlets
- Gas stations
- Vets and pet supply stores
- Childcare centers in under strict guidelines
- Assisted living and elder care
Q: Are Large Gatherings Allowed In Reno?
A: On September 29, 2020, the Governor of Nevada raised the limit for public gathers from 50 to 250. Venues that hold 2,500 people can have a 50 percent capacity or 250 people, whichever is less.
Q: How To Keep Business Going During COVID?
A: The only way for businesses to stay open during COVID is for business owners and customers to follow the guidelines.
- Customers must wear masks at all time.
- Customers must social distance.
- Signs should be posted to remind customers to wear masks and social distance.
- Stickers should be placed on the floor to help customers social distance properly.
- All businesses should be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
At Enviro-Master Cleaning Services, we specialize in the following:
- Commercial Cleaning
- Bathroom and Restroom Cleaning Services
- Electrostatic Disinfection Service – Our EPA approved solution kills COVID-19
- Drain Treatment Services
- Paper Restocking
- Tile and Grout Deep Cleaning Service
Protect your business from viruses and keep your clients and employees safe. Contact us today for a free quote on our services.