Pat Swisher, CEO of Enviro-Master, which is a commercial hygiene cleaning company with more than 65 franchises around the country joins Enterprise Radio to discuss how to “flush with success”.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Franchising Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Pat Swisher discuss the following:
- Tell us how you started as an entrepreneur and what inspired you to go out on your own?
- Many people credit you for founding the Commercial Hygiene Industry. Why did you get into sanitizing public restrooms, and can you make money doing it?
- Tell us about your five principles for starting a new venture or business for young-entrepreneurs out there.
- It sounds as if with the purchase of the Swisher Hygiene book of business from Ecolab, Enviro-Master is still growing. Are you looking for new franchise owners?
- How lucrative can sanitizing bathrooms really be, and what are you looking for in a franchisee?
- Beyond your five principles, what other advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- What is the process to become a Enviro-Master franchise owner?
Pat Swisher, CEO of Enviro-Master Time Line:
- In 1983, Pat Swisher didn’t just start Swisher Hygiene, he founded an industry: The commercial hygiene cleaning business
- Pat recognized that restaurants and other businesses did not have the equipment, chemicals, or training necessary to deal with the soils, bacteria, viruses, and odor which occur in every restroom. Additionally he understood from his cable T.V. experience the value of packaging a service which everyone could afford.
- In 1989 Pat began franchising his hygiene concept throughout the United States. Soon awards and accolades followed to include Forbes Up and Coming Entrepreneur in 1994, recognition as a top Entrepreneur by Success Magazine in 1995, Semi-Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the year award in 1994.
- His company was named top 100 franchise companies in the world starting in 1994 and for the following five years.
- By 2000 Pat’s company operated in 23 countries worldwide servicing over 100,000 business each week.
- In 2004 Pat took Swisher Hygiene public on NASDAQ
- In 2004 Pat sold his interest in Swisher Hygiene to Wayne Huzienga, which was unsolicited, and took a five-year hiatus.
- In 2009 Pat launched Enviro-Master using his 23-plus years of experience to improve the model he had developed once before.
- In 2011 the Enviro-Master franchise was born and by 2013 Enviro-Master was listed as one of the Top 500 Franchises and one of the Top 50 New Franchises by Entrepreneur Magazine.
- With a proven business model and solid reputation, our franchise business opportunities have ranked in Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500® for the past four years, and was awarded one of the top 10 franchisees in the U.S. by both Entrepreneur and Inc. Magazine.
- 2015 was named one of Inc. Magazine‘s 10 Franchises That Swept the Nation in 2015.
- In 2015 our business displayed a three-year growth rate of 771 percent, far outperforming competitors with franchise opportunities.
- In 2016 Entrepreneur Magazine named Enviro-Master one of the Top Ten new franchises for 2016 (https://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/topnew), and 80 percent of Enviro-Master franchise owners have MBAs.
- System sales grew in 2015 to 2016 from $23,081,000 to $41,971,000 or 45 percent. Enviro-Master’s revenue grew from $6,373,325 in 2015 to $10,162,245 in 2016 or 37 percent with a 100-percent increase projected for 2017.”
- 2016, Pat and Enviro-Master bought back Swisher Hygiene book of business from Ecolab.
#PatSwisher #FranchiseeNews #Entrepreneur #Interview