A clogged drain system can create plenty of problems in a commercial building, from foul odors that drive away customers to issues with the plumbing system that lead to costly maintenance and downtime. While a drain clog can sometimes be caused by underlying issues with your drainage system, a buildup of excess organic matter is the most common cause. In these cases, enzyme drain cleaner is one of the best solutions, quickly and safely fixing clogged drains without using a corrosive substance and harsh chemicals that can damage stainless steel pipes and create health and safety concerns.
At Enviro-Master Services, enzyme drain cleaner is one of the many high-quality products that we use to help business owners keep their commercial buildings clean and operational. To help you decide if enzyme drain cleaner is the right choice for your clogged drain or grease trap, let’s take a closer look at what enzyme drain cleaner is and how it works.
How Does Enzyme Drain Cleaner Work?
Everything that clogs a drain line is all some form of organic material – food particles clogging the drain in a kitchen sink or garbage disposal, hair clogging a shower drain, and paper products or waste matter clogging a septic system. The one good thing about organic material, though, is the fact that it breaks down.
Enzyme-based drain cleaners work to clear organic waste from clogged drains by introducing enzymes or bacteria that feed on organic matter. These powerful enzymes break down the material that they consume, fixing a clogged or slow drain without having to use a harsh chemical cleaner or costly drain clearing tool.
Benefits of Enzyme Drain Cleaner
Compared to other methods for clearing a clogged drain line such as using a caustic drain cleaner or using a drain clearing tool, enzyme drain cleaners offer several key benefits. The top three benefits of enzyme drain cleaning products include:
1) Safe for Skin and Pipes
Caustic drain cleaners that work by causing a chemical reaction that melts away organic matter are strong enough to potentially damage both your pipes and the person who is using the drain cleaner. Drain cleaners that contain powerful chemical compounds such as hydrochloric acid or sodium hypochlorite must only be used when wearing protective clothing to prevent skin irritation.
You can use these products safely if you are careful, but what you can’t do is make them safe for your metal pipes. Caustic drain cleaners react with both metal and organic matter and can be especially damaging to older metal pipes that are already experiencing corrosion. Enzyme drain cleaners meanwhile, contain only natural enzymes that are safe for your skin and pipes alike. While it is still important to prevent direct exposure to enzyme-based drain cleaners
2) Affordable and Easy to Use
Professional plumbers typically clear clogged drains using drain clearing tools such as a drain snake. However, these tools can cost several hundred dollars are sometimes tricky to use. With high-quality enzyme drain cleaners and the right drain professionals, the enzyme drain cleaner will be successful in cleaning out your drains. It also costs a fraction of drain clearing tools, making the service that affordable for business owners on a budget.
3) Ideal For Preventative Maintenance
Given the fact that they are prone to damaging pipes and hazardous to work with, caustic drain cleaners are typically only used when a drain is severely clogged. Likewise, drain clearing tools are only used to clear clogged drains and can’t be used to prevent material buildup over time.
Enzyme drain cleaners, on the other hand, are at their best when they are used as a preventive measure. Using enzyme drain cleaner on your drains periodically will prevent organic matter from ever building up inside the drain line, keeping clogs from ever happening. Given their affordability and ease-of-use along with the fact that they won’t damage your pipes no matter how much you use, using enzyme drain cleaner for preventive maintenance tends to be a much better choice than fixing clogged drains after the fact. This is especially true for business owners that can’t afford the downtime and unhappy customers that clogged drains are prone to causing.
Enzyme Drain Cleaner in Commercial Settings
The best way to take advantage of enzyme drain cleaners in commercial settings is to work with a commercial cleaning service that provides enzyme drain cleaners as part of its routine services. At Enviro-Master Services, we help our commercial clients completely prevent clogged and slow drains by routinely applying high-quality enzyme drain cleaner.
Enzyme drain cleaner isn’t just a preventive measure, though, and it can be used to clear drains that are already clogged as well. Just keep in mind that it may take a little while if the clog is severe. The one drawback of enzyme drain cleaners compared to caustic drain cleaners is the fact that they don’t eat away organic material quite as quickly. On average, it takes between 8-24 hours for enzyme drain cleaners to clear a clogged drain. This is another reason why enzyme drain cleaners are best used for drain maintenance in a commercial setting.
Enviro-Master’s Drain Treatment Service with Enzyme Bio-Active Foam
At Enviro-Master Services, we offer a weekly Foaming Drain Line Service that is guaranteed to prevent clogged drains and the many issues that they create for commercial building owners. Each week, our certified Health and Safety Technicians will inject a high-quality biodegradable formula into every drain and down every drain line in your building. By keeping your drains clear of buildup using natural, organic solutions, we are able to provide benefits such as:
- Keeping your drains free of any unpleasant odor by continuously eliminating food particles before they have the chance to release odors
- Reducing buildup to improve the efficiency of your drainage system
- Eliminating the need for chemical solutions that are hard on your skin and pipes
- Preventing clogged drains from ever being an issue at your commercial building
- Eliminating costly plumbing bills
Our Foaming Drain Line Service is especially popular with restaurants, bars, and other food establishments that use their drainage system heavily and therefore deal with clogging issues on a regular basis. However, we also provide this service to many gyms, healthcare facilities, schools, and other commercial establishments to keep their drains flowing freely and rid them of foul odors.
Other Commercial Cleaning Services From EMS
Along with our Foaming Drain Line Service, Enviro-Master Services is also proud to offer a long list of other, industry-leading commercial cleaning services. This includes services such as:
- Restroom & Hygiene Service – Our weekly Restroom and Hygiene Service keeps your commercial building’s restrooms stocked, spotless, and disinfected, creating a healthier and more welcoming environment for your customers and staff alike.
- Tile & Grout Deep Cleaning Service – Dirt that builds up in the grout of tile floors can be impossible to remove with mopping and sweeping alone and can serve as a breeding ground for germs and bacteria. We utilize powerful, non-toxic tile cleaning products and specialized cleaning equipment to completely remove buildup from tile floors.
- Electrostatic Spraying Service – Keeping with our commitment to offering cleaning services that don’t rely on harsh chemicals, we are able to thoroughly disinfect surfaces and entire rooms using cutting-edge electrostatic spraying equipment.
- Paper Management Program – With our Paper Management Program, we are able to ensure that the paper products in your building’s restrooms never run out while at the same time helping you eliminate paper waste via specially designed dispensing equipment.
- Hand Hygiene Program – Our Hand Hygiene Program ensures that you are able to offer your customers and staff hand sanitizer from convenient dispensers that are kept stocked with high-quality sanitizer.
Commercial Cleaning Products From EMS
In addition to utilizing the best commercial cleaning products on the market today, we also offer high-quality products for sale at discounted rates. These products are the perfect addition to any business cleaning regimen, keeping the facility spotless in-between EMS’s deep cleaning jobs. Commercial cleaning products that are available for purchase from Enviro-Master Services include:
- Enzymatic Floor Cleaner
- Enzyme Drain Cleaner
- Concentrated Cleaners and Degreasers
- Dishwashing Detergent
- Hard Surface Cleaners
- Odor Neutralizers and Air Fresheners
- Oven & Grill Cleaner
- Neutral Cleaner Concentrate
Contact EMS For Commercial Cleaning Products & Services
At Enviro-Master Services, we are committed to helping business owners keep their commercial buildings as clean, safe, and sanitary as possible via industry-leading cleaning products and services. If you would like to learn more about our Foam Drain Line Service, the high-quality commercial enzyme drain cleaner that have for sale, or any of our other commercial cleaning products or services, be sure to contact us today!