As an auto dealer, you understand the importance of a clean and well-organized showroom. However, it’s not just the cars on display that need attention. When the room shines as much as the cars, customers take your business seriously. A clean and sanitary dealership is also crucial for the safety and well-being of your staff and customers, and it can also help boost your business by making a positive first impression. To keep your space clean as can be, safe and inviting, we made an auto dealer cleaning checklist.
The Dirt on Car Dealerships
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of cleanliness and sanitation for any business, and it’s no different for auto dealerships. COVID-19 isn’t the only concern. There are many other harmful germs and bacteria present in a car dealership, including contagions that cause the common cold and influenza. A recent study found many cars have more germs in them than toilets. With new and pre-owned cars in a dealership, and customers getting in and out of cars, it’s important to keep other areas as clean as possible as germs and bacteria spread. When customers and staff move around the dealership, germs can spread through touch, surfaces, and air droplets. Regular deep cleaning and disinfecting can help reduce the spread of these germs, keeping your staff and customers healthy. It can also help you stand out from competitors who may not prioritize cleanliness.
Auto Dealer Cleaning Checklist
Every business needs to be clean and sanitary, but when you’re selling a product that is such a personal and important part of someone’s life, such as a car, a clean showroom shows professionalism and attention to detail. With our auto dealer cleaning checklist, every corner of your business will make customers feel welcome and safe.
General Cleaning Needs for All Areas of a Car Dealership
No matter what part of the car dealership you’re in, these are the three main areas that should be cleaned and included with any car dealership cleaning services.
- High-touch Surfaces: All high-touch surfaces need to be wiped down daily, including desks, tables, and chairs. A daily wipe-down will help reduce bacteria and dirt but does not sanitize the surface. An electrostatic spraying service can fully sanitize a surface and keep germs at bay longer. While a wipe-down reduces germs, electrostatic spaying eliminates them.
- Floors: A daily vacuum or sweep and mop of floors will keep things surface-level clean. For many dealerships, tile comprises the majority of flooring throughout the showroom and offices. With as much foot traffic as these surfaces see, a daily cleaning is not enough. A monthly deep cleaning of tile and grout will help remove stains and odors that can be locked in the porous materials and grout.
- Restrooms: Every restroom in a car dealership should be cleaned regularly. Research shows public restrooms can be breeding grounds for bacteria and viruses such as Staphylococcus, E. Coli, herpes virus, and much more. Clean and disinfect restrooms, including toilets, sinks, and countertops. Hand soap, paper towels, and toilet paper need to be restocked regularly so customers and staff can properly wash their hands.
Showroom, Sales, and Customer Waiting Areas
- Snack Areas: It’s common for dealerships to have a coffee bar and/or snack area for waiting customers. Because this is an area where people eat, it especially needs to be clean. An electrostatic spraying service can be a great option, in addition to daily cleaning, to ensure everyone is eating from safe and sanitary surfaces.
- Furniture: Regardless of the fabric or surface of your furniture, it needs to be cleaned often. Hundreds of people will file in and out of the building each day. While germs and viruses tend to live longer on hard surfaces, according to research, they can still harbor on fabrics. A sanitizing spray can be used to eliminate germs on fabric.
Service, Maintenance, and Outdoor Areas:
- Tools: All tools should be wiped down and sanitized daily. Along with proper hand washing, this can help reduce the number of germs spread between workers.
- Trash and Recycling: Empty and clean garbage and recycling bins daily. Dumpsters on the property should also get monthly, or as-needed, cleaning with a power-washing service. A business that takes every corner inside and outside of its building seriously shows customers the products they are buying are clean and cared for.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Service
While it’s important to have your staff or a janitorial service company perform regular cleaning and maintenance, hiring a professional cleaning service can provide additional benefits. Professional cleaners have the knowledge and expertise to thoroughly clean and disinfect every area of your dealership, using specialized equipment and techniques, offering a better, more efficient clean. Outsourcing a deep cleaning of your business can save you money in the long run, reducing illness and absences among workers.
Get a Better Clean with Enviro-Master Services
At Enviro-Master Services, we are dedicated to making spaces more than clean, we make them sanitary. We can cross off nearly every task on your auto dealer cleaning checklist, and we work around your business hours. Our Health and Safety Technicians are trained to use our special equipment and cleaners, so you don’t have to worry about safety. To learn more about our floor scrub service, restroom hygiene service, drain treatment, hand hygiene products, and other services we provide car dealerships, contact us today.