In the business world, first impressions matter. A clean space from top to bottom can have a positive impact on customers and staff. A clean environment is not just about appearances; it’s a matter of health, safety, and success. Whether you run a bustling office, a busy restaurant, or any commercial space in between, the cleanliness of your business is a reflection of your business—and that includes the floors.
Commercial Floor Cleaning is Vital
Imagine walking into a business and being greeted by dirty, neglected floors. You might feel the rest of the area is unsanitary and unkempt, same with business dealings. Aside from first impressions, floors carry tons of bacteria, viruses and other germs. On average, 421,000 different types of bacteria live on shoes, according to a study by the University of Arizona, and all those germs can make their way onto your business’s floor. There are many benefits to regular commercial floor cleaning, including appearance, health and safety.
The Benefits of Clean Floors for Businesses:
• Enhanced Safety: A million people go to emergency rooms on average each year for slips and falls, according to the National Floor Safety Institute. Clean floors are essential for preventing slips and falls, which can result in injuries and potential lawsuits. Prioritizing safety in your workplace is a smart business move.
• Improved Aesthetics: Clean, well-maintained floors create a positive first impression, instilling confidence in customers and boosting employee morale.
• Longevity of Flooring: Regular maintenance can significantly extend the life of your floors, saving you money on costly replacements.
• Health and Hygiene: In today’s world, maintaining a clean and hygienic workspace is vital. A simple clean is no longer good enough. After a pandemic and seasonal illnesses, clean, maintained and sanitized floors are a must.
How to Maintain Commercial Floors
The floors in any space are an expensive investment into the aesthetics and functionality of an area. Maintaining floors properly keeps your investment around longer. Here are a few tips for commercial floor cleaning and commercial floor maintenance.
1. Daily Cleanings: Every day, floors should be mopped, vacuumed and/or swept. The type of floor covering you have in your business will dictate your daily cleaning needs. Every day, simple cleaning helps remove surface-level dirt and grime that can build up over time if left alone. It also helps to keep germs and bacteria at bay. However, a daily, surface-level cleaning won’t be enough to properly sanitize your floors.
2. Weekly and Regular Deep Cleanings: Every day cleaning cannot keep up with the sheer amount of dirt and debris shoes bring in around the clock. A weekly deep clean can help sanitize a facility and reduce the spread of harmful germs.
• Tile and Grout Cleaning: For tiled surfaces, a regular tile and grout cleaner can remove years’ worth of stains and dirt. Porous grout can also trap and hold onto odors and the bacteria that cause them. A commercial tile cleaner uses industrial-grade products that remove what you don’t want to let the beautiful tile flooring shine.
• Power Washing: For concrete surfaces, dumpsters or just greasy and tough-to-clean floors, a commercial power washing service is essential. A commercial power washing service combines the sanitization of high temperatures and the power behind pressure to remove built-up grime.
3. Preventative and Restorative Maintenance: Depending on the type of flooring in your business, regular maintenance may need to be done.
• Regular Resealing—Brick, stone, ceramic, and porcelain floors often require more attention to maintenance than other types of floors. In addition to regular, professional cleanings for your stone floor, it’s a good idea to reseal natural floors regularly to maintain the integrity of the stone.
• Refinishing—Some floors, such as hardwood, may need to be refinished every few years, depending on the foot traffic.
Enhance Your Floors with Enviro-Master Services
We specialize in commercial floor cleaning and understand the impact a sanitary space can have on your business. We use EPA-approved disinfectants to eliminate harmful pathogens, ensuring a hygienic working environment. For your business’s floors, we offer:
• Power Washing Services: Our power washing service effectively removes contaminants and prevents slip hazards. We utilize the sanitary properties of high water temperature and state-of-the-art equipment (what we call “The Tank”). Our specially trained health and safety technicians ensure a high-quality cleaning every time.
• Tile and Grout Cleaning: Our tile and grout cleaning service uses advanced techniques and eco-friendly products to restore the shine to your tiled surfaces. Our top-of-the-line products and technicians remove mold, bacteria, dirt and grime while keeping the beauty and integrity of your floors.
We don’t just stop at floors. We offer a host of other cleaning and sanitization services to businesses across the board. Ready to have a space that reflects your business? Contact us to see how we keep it clean.