Florida is one of the first states to reopen in the country. While this is great for gyms that have been closed for an extended period of time, it is also important to highlight the fact that the pandemic is still with us. Any gyms that would like to remain open in the local area need to make sure they keep the risk of viral transmission as low as possible. At Enviro-Master Services of Tampa, we are here to make sure that everyone understands guidelines that have been issued by local officials to keep gyms safe as they reopen.
Guidelines for Employees and Gym Management
As gyms get ready to reopen, it is important to make sure that everyone understands their role in limiting the spread of disease. Some of the guidelines for gym employees to follow include:
- Employees need to make sure they wear a face covering at all times while at work, particularly when in close contact with clients for personal training purposes
- All employees need to be trained to recognize the signs and symptoms of coronavirus. If they are experiencing a fever or respiratory symptoms, they need to stay home.
- Employees who come in close contact with someone who is confirmed to have the virus should quarantine at home for 14 days before they return to work.
In addition, when it comes to equipment in the gym, some of the guidelines to follow include:
- All equipment has to be sanitized between uses and thoroughly cleaned at the end of the day.
- The entirety of the gym should also be cleaned on a regular basis, ideally with the help of trained commercial cleaning professionals.
- All equipment should be placed at least six feet apart to encourage social distancing.
This will keep the spread of coronavirus to a minimum.
Guidelines for Gym Patrons
The guidelines that gyms need to remind their patrons of include:
- Nobody should be allowed into the gym if they are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus. Gyms should feel free to check the temperature of people who are arriving at the door.
- Patrons are to ensure that they remain six feet apart from others while using the gym. Face covering should be worn at all times.
- Hand sanitizer should be made readily available. Patrons need to sanitize their hands in between equipment uses.
Following these guidelines will ensure that gym patrons remain as safe as possible while on the premises.
Rely on Commercial Cleaning Services
It is important for all gyms in Tampa, Florida to make sure that they remain safe while reopening. At Enviro-Master Services of Tampa, we are here to make sure that everyone stays as safe as possible. We would be happy to help you make sure that your gym maintains the highest standards of cleanliness with our disinfection services. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you stay safe in Tampa!