For many, the New Year brings about a resolution to get back in shape. With an increase in crowds during the winter months, more germs are being spread throughout your facility. As a business owner, our Electrostatic Spraying Service protects your business, your brand and your members by keeping them healthy, loyal and dedicated to their workout facility and routine. Preventing the spread of disease while at your facility helps your members avoid these common health concerns.
- Staph – Potentially the most serious, staphylococcus bacteria are the most common germs lurking in the gym. Most of the time, staph on the skin doesn’t cause problems; however, if a member has a small cut on their skin, the bacteria can seep through. This type of infection most commonly causes boils.
- Athlete’s Foot – This type of fungi thrives in warm, moist environments such as sneakers and gym locker rooms. Fungal infections can be picked up by walking barefoot or showering at the gym. An itchy rash may result and require antifungal medication.
- Ringworm – Another fungal infection that may occur anywhere on the body, is ringworm. Scaly circles may develop on the midsection, arms or legs if a member comes in contact with this fungus. Sometimes a prescription medication is needed to treat ringworm.
- Respiratory Infections – Close quarters, such as a gym environment, can be a breeding ground for colds and flu. These viruses are typically transmitted through sneezes and coughs but can live outside the body on equipment for a short time.
- Impetigo – Caused by staph or strep bacteria, Impetigo results in skin sores that can ooze, burst, and crust over. A small cut on the body or touching other gym-goers can open the door to infection.
- Plantar Warts – Caused by a strain of human papillomavirus (HPV), members can be exposed by walking barefoot in the gym, especially in damp shower areas. Most of the time, plantar warts go away on their own, but they can be painful or cause other problems.
Some of the biggest danger zones in the gym are free weights, exercise balls, and weight machines because so many people handle them. The sweaty, humid locker room is also a petri dish for nasty germs at the ground level. Restrooms of your fitness center could also be home to dangerous bacteria. It is essential to keep these surfaces sanitized to ensure the safety of your customers.
Sani-Guard, Electrostatic Spraying Technology, is 99.99% effective in killing all germs at your fitness center. Our service addresses dangerous disease-causing pathogens by adhering to all surfaces.
Call for your free estimate today.
#protectingyou #health #germs #safety #fitness #workout #gym #businessownertips