According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the flu causes U.S. employees to miss approximately 17 million workdays, at an estimated 7 billion a year in sick days and lost productivity. The growth of your business depends on productivity. Your employees are critical to productivity, and their health is a priority.
As an employer, you play an essential role in protecting employee health and safety and limiting the spread of influenza. Develop a disaster plan that includes pandemic preparedness.
- Plan for operations with a reduced workforce.
- Work with suppliers to ensure continued services.
- Develop a sick-leave policy that does not penalize employees who have influenza-related symptoms, or who stay home to take care of ill family members.
- Identify possible health risks or exposure to employees.
- Cross-train employees to function in different roles when there are absences.
- Provide employee training on proper hygiene practices and encourage vaccination.
- Implement infection control practices such as cleaning and disinfecting the workplace.
At any given time, billions of pathogens are living on top and inside your restroom fixtures. When a toilet is flushed it ejects millions of water droplets containing bacteria and viruses into the atmosphere.
Enviro-Master’s Restroom Cleaning Service can help protect employees against the spread of influenza and other diseases that lurk in the restroom. During our weekly Sani-Service, a certified Health and Safety Technician will use Sani-Shield to sanitize and coat your restroom. Sani-Shield protects your surfaces that trap dangerous pathogens. We keep your restrooms disease-free, odor-free, and fully stocked. Our service includes free urinal screens, hand soap, and air care products. Contact us today for a free estimate!