On September 30th, the Governor of New York, Andrew M. Cuomo, announced the resumption of indoor dining. However, the reopened restaurants have to adhere to strict safety protocols, especially on cleaning and sanitizing. Let’s take a look at the Covid-19 Guidelines for New York restaurants and how companies that offer COVID-19 cleaning services like Enviro-Master can help you comply with the strict rules.
Guidelines on Cleaning and Disinfecting New York Restaurants
- Before you open your doors, thoroughly clean, and disinfect your entire facility. Every surface, from the frequently touched points to the seldom touched surfaces in front-of-property, guest-service, and back-of-property should be disinfected. Besides, you should use cleaning products and disinfectants that are approved by EPA (Environment Protection Agency).
- You have to adhere to the cleaning, disinfection, and hygiene requirements set by DOH (Department of Health) and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) for restaurants and bars, and you need to document the scope, date, and time of cleaning.
- Provide cleaning supplies to your employees and encourage them to disinfect shared surfaces prior to and after use and subsequently clean their hands. You should also clean and disinfect the high-risk spaces that are frequently used by numerous individuals (for instance, restrooms). Cleaning should be ongoing and rigorous, and you should do it after every shift and on each day.
- Supply hand hygiene stations that comprise of disposable paper towels, running warm water, and handwashing soap. If hand washing is not practical or available, you should provide a hand sanitizer with over 60% alcohol content.
- You should clean and disinfect your equipment using registered disinfectants before a new employee comes into the workstation.
- If possible, your self-service drink stations should be manned by an employee, you should limit guest lines/congregation, and you should remove unwrapped straws and lemons from the self-service stations. Besides, you should clean and disinfect your restrooms frequently and stock them with disinfectant wipes.
- If you need to clean a food-contact surface due to a specific reason (for instance, a deep clean necessitated by likely Covid-19 contamination, or cleanup of blood or bodily fluids) use this procedure: Sponge down, rinse, disinfect, rinse, and then lastly use a food-contact surface sanitizer to disinfect the area.
- Ensure that you don’t leave the residue of the disinfecting product on table surfaces. The residue may be ingested by your clients or it may trigger allergic reactions.
Meeting the cleaning and sanitizing requirements can be overwhelming for your staff. That is why hiring a reputable cleaning company like Enviro-Master is a brilliant idea. You’ll get to focus on your core business, which is providing good food and beverages to your customers while ensuring their safety by adhering to the restaurant cleaning and sanitizing guidelines.
Enviro-Master is a reputable company that provides commercial cleaning services in New York. Our offerings include EPA approved hand sanitizing solutions, electrostatic disinfection services, and restroom cleaning services. If you’re looking for a commercial cleaning company that will help you meet the cleaning and sanitization guidelines, give us a call today.