Although COVID-19 has dominated 2020, cities and states around the world are continuously learning more about the virus and what appropriate actions are needed to keep the public safe. Indoor dining is known to spread germs and disease quickly due to the proximity of customers and staff. This brings many questions to light about the current restaurant guidelines in Newark, New Jersey. Several of the most asked questions can be found below:
Are restaurants open in Newark, New Jersey?
Currently, restaurants are open in Newark, New Jersey for indoor and outdoor dining. Indoor dining is available at limited capacity with a limit of eight customers per table with seating a minimum of 6-feet between parties, dance floors are close, customers are required to provide a phone number for contact tracing, alternative menus, and required masks.
Restaurant Guidelines to Follow
- Indoor areas should limit the number of patrons to 25 percent of the establishment’s indoor capacity
- All employees, customers, and visitors much wear a face covering while on the premises, except when eating or drinking
- Limit seating to a maximum of 8 people per table, unless they are from the same household or immediate family
- Arrange tables and seating to maintain 6 feet of distance between separate parties
- Encourage patrons to make reservations to increase traffic control. Customers should also provide a phone number to help facilitate contact tracing, if necessary.
- Consider alternatives to physical menus, such as electronic menus
- Provide a hand sanitizer station for patrons and employees
- Restaurant employees should routinely clean and disinfect all high touch areas
- Sick employees should not be allowed to enter the workplace. Prior to each shift, the manager should conduct daily health screenings.
How to keep business going during COVID?
While the state’s number one priority is keeping its citizens safe, business must also resume. To keep businesses afloat during COVID-19, the state has enforced a variety of restrictions in stages so that bars, restaurants, retail, and services, can make money while keeping their customers safe. Enviro-Master of North New Jersey is a trusted commercial cleaning company with years of experience in the area. We know and understand the guidelines put in place by local, state, and federal lawmakers. Our COVID cleaning service has been created with these guidelines in mind to fight viruses with the most powerful disinfectant products available. Our electrostatic disinfection service utilizes an EPA-approved disinfectant solution that is powerful, effective, and even safe on food prep areas. Contact Enviro-Master today to learn more about how we can help you and your Newark area restaurant survive and thrive during this unprecedented time.