COVID cases in North Carolina are pretty much in line with the rest of the country, but there is some good news. As of October 28, 2020, the number of cases in the state increased by over 2,200 and the number of hospitalizations has declined slightly. The only way statistics and the availability of services will improve is with Charlotte residents and business owners following the guidelines set by the state of North Carolina.
What is Charlotte’s Reopening Plan?
On October 2, 2020, Charlotte moved into phase three of reopening. Due to the increase in cases, phase three has been paused until November 13, 2020, when the situation will be reevaluated. Governor Roy Cooper held a press conference where he stated that as the virus continues to spread, it is important to take the next steps methodically and responsibly.
Is It Mandatory To Wear a Mask in Charlotte During COVID-19 Pandemic?
Yes, face masks are mandatory for all Charlotte residents over the age of five. Masks must be worn in all indoor public places. Outdoors, they aren’t necessary unless social distancing is impossible.
What Businesses and Services Are Open In Charlotte?
Because Charlotte is in phase three of reopening, most businesses and services in Charlotte are open. All businesses must require employees and customers to wear masks and social distance. This is essential if businesses will be able to remain open.
Are Restaurants Open In Charlotte?
Yes, restaurants in Charlotte are open, but owners and guests must follow the guidelines set by the state.
- Restaurants are still open for takeout, delivery and curbside pickup.
- Indoor dining is allowed at a 50 percent capacity.
- Face masks must be worn unless guests are eating or drinking at their table. Staff must wear masks for the duration of their shift.
- Tables must be spaced at least six feet apart.
Are Gyms Open In Charlotte?
Yes, gyms are open in Charlotte; however, the guidelines set by the state must be followed.
- The maximum capacity is 30 percent of the stated fire capacity.
- No more than 7 members per 1,000 square feet of the building.
- Members and staff are required to stay six feet apart at all times.
- If working with a personal trainer, the member and the trainer must wear masks.
- Face masks are required unless members are strenuously working out alone.
- Water fountains cannot be used.
- Equipment must be placed six feet apart.
- Equipment must be cleaned and sterilized after each use. Weekly commercial disinfection services in addition to the consistent cleaning by staff will keep the workout environment even more resistant to the virus.
What Does Charlotte Define As “Essential Business” During COVID?
At the beginning of the pandemic, only businesses deemed essential were allowed to stay open. These have included:
- Grocery stores
- Hardware stores
- Pet supply stores
- Healthcare facilities
- Food delivery
- Restaurants for takeout, delivery and drive-thru service only
- Government workers
- Gas stations
- Utility companies
- Liquor stores
Are Large Gatherings Allowed In Charlotte?
Yes, large gatherings are allowed; however, the guidelines set by the state must be followed:
- Indoor gatherings are limited to 30 percent of capacity or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Small outdoor gathers are limited to 30 percent of the outdoor capacity or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 can operate with 7 percent capacity.
- Movie theaters can operate at 30 percent capacity or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- All guests at indoor gatherings must wear masks and social distance.
- Masks are no necessary at outdoor events, unless it is impossible to social distance.
How Can We Keep Business Going in Charlotte?
With such an easily contracted virus, it is especially important that business owners follow certain guidelines to remain open.
- Require all customers over the age of five to wear masks.
- Require all customers to stay six feet apart.
- Post signs to remind customers of the required guidelines.
- Place stickers on the floor to help customers stay six feet apart.
- Have the business cleaned and sterilized regularly by the staff or by a professional electrostatic disinfection company like Enviro-Master of Charlotte.