As more and more businesses across the country begin to open back up, eyes are on local businesses, including restaurants and bars to see how they handle things. In Ohio, restaurants and similar facilities have specific guidelines that have been put in place for them to follow. According to resources available to owners in Columbus, Ohio, provided by governor Mike DeWine, here is what restaurant owners need to know to safely reopen with concerns over COVID-19 still running high:
- Ensure at least six feet is kept between employees when they are working and between employees and customers. If that is not possible in certain situations, utilizing barriers as applicable is recommended. There should also be an increase in the frequency of surface cleaning, handwashing, sanitizing, and repairs.
- Businesses must allow all customers, patrons, visitors, contractors, vendors, and others to wear a mask if they so choose to unless in cases where health or safety issues make a mask questionable.
- Businesses must require all employees to wear facial coverings and partake in daily symptom checks and wellness screenings before starting work.
- Require employees to stay at home is confirmed exposure has occurred or they have symptoms. They are to remain quarantined until symptoms have been absent for 2 weeks or they are given a clean bill of health by a medical professional.
- Provide approved COVID-19 education to employees. Add COVID-19 symptoms to the current standard Health Agreement as required by the FDA.
- Require regular handwashing by employees, encouraging customers and victors to wash and santize4 hands frequently, and to follow waste disposal protocols.
- Encourage 3rd-party delivery staff to wear face coverings inside and to wait outside or in less crowded areas to avoid exposure to staff and other customers.
- Educate on proper use, disposal, and maintenance of face coverings, gloves, and other PPE materials that may be used.
- Utilize virtual interviewing and on-boarding during hiring, training, and meetings whenever possible.
- Reinforce education about safe food handling practices in general as well as enhanced training for the food industry in light of the pandemic.
- Avoid switching tasks when possible to reduce cross-contamination concerns and ensure PPE changes and proper handwashing and sanitation is observed if it is necessary to move and change tasks.
How Enviro-Master Services Can Help
Enviro-Master Services can help give any business owner the confidence and peace of mind they need to open safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. With several sanitation products and a range of commercial cleaning services available, you can get exactly what your restaurant needs during this trying time. Our electrostatic disinfection service is a highly recommended service for restaurants and business during the pandemic. All it takes is one call to see how easy it can be to reopen safely and securely with help from the sanitation experts. Call Enviro-Mater Services today to set up a commercial cleaning service that works for you, your employees, and your customers.