The State of Georgia has established general guidelines for all non-critical infrastructure as well as additional guidelines for gyms and fitness Centers. All of these apply to the gyms in the city of Atlanta.
Governor Brian P. Kemp issued Executive Order 10.30.20.02 – Empowering a Healthy Georgia that remains in effect until at least November 15, 2020.
For businesses that are not considered “critical infrastructure,” minimum basic operations are restricted to:
- The minimum essential activities to maintain the value of a business, establishment, corporation, non-profit corporation, or organization, provide services, manage inventory, ensure security, process payroll and employee benefits, or for related functions. Such minimum necessary activities include remaining open to the public subject to the restrictions of this Order.
- The minimum necessary activities to facilitate employees or volunteers being able to work remotely from their residences or members or patrons being able to participate remotely from their residences.
- Instances where employees are working outdoors without regular contact with other persons, such as delivery services, contractors, landscape businesses, and agricultural industry services.
Specific Gym and Fitness Center Guidelines
- Placing signage at any entrance to instruct patrons that they cannot enter if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, or had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID-19.
- Placing signage at any entrance and throughout the facility to instruct patrons of the enhanced sanitation procedures, Social Distancing requirements, and other instructions and limitations, as applicable, set forth below.
- If workers are present, screening patrons at entrance. Patrons exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 shall not be permitted to enter.
- Limiting occupancy to enforce Social Distancing requirements and to prohibit gatherings.
- Utilizing contactless forms of patron check-in.
- Providing hand sanitizer stations for patrons and encouraging use.
- Providing sanitation wipes at or near the equipment and requiring users to wipe down the equipment before and after use.
- Requiring workers to patrol patron areas to enforce the equipment wipe-down policy and conduct additional cleanings during times when equipment is not being used.
- Limiting the use of cardio machines to every other machine to maintain acceptable Social Distancing between users;
- Enforcing Social Distancing and prohibiting congregating between non-cohabitating patrons, especially in pools, group fitness classes, and in areas where group sports regularly occur.
- Encouraging patrons to conduct their workout and exit the facility without unnecessary delay;
- Complying with the regulations for “Childcare Facilities” included in Section VII of this Order titled “Children” if childcare services are provided.
- In addition to the regular cleaning schedule, cleaning and sanitizing high touch surfaces, bathrooms, and locker rooms regularly throughout hours of operation.
- Prohibiting patrons from sharing equipment without cleaning and sanitizing between uses.
- Practicing Social Distancing between trainers and patrons as practicable.
- Requiring no less than ten (10) feet of distance between patrons participating in group fitness classes; and
- Requiring rooms and equipment used for group fitness classes to be disinfected between classes.
At Enviro-Master Cleaning Services, we specialize in the following:
- Commercial Cleaning.
- Bathroom and Restroom Cleaning Services
- Electrostatic Disinfection Service – Our EPA approved solution kills COVID-19
- Drain Treatment Services
- Paper Restocking
- Tile and Grout Deep Cleaning Service
Protect your business from viruses and keep your clients and employees safe. Contact us today for a free quote on our services.