Do you have an office cleaning schedule? A clean and tidy office space has many benefits. It creates a more professional environment, which can result in a positive impression on customers and clients. A clean office space can also have a big impact on employee morale, and ultimately, employee productivity — that’s because reducing germs in the office can reduce sick days.
Following an office cleaning schedule can help you do that.
Why you need an office cleaning schedule
In order to keep your office clean and tidy, there are things you need to do on a consistent basis — whether that is daily, weekly, or monthly. An office simply cannot be cleaned all in one day. An office cleaning schedule will help you keep track of all the tasks that need to be done and when.
Daily Cleaning Schedule
Chores on the daily office cleaning schedules will be smaller, less time-consuming tasks, but still important. These tasks are usually centered around areas of the office that are most frequented by people, such as breakrooms and restrooms. These are also the areas that present the biggest opportunity for people to get sick.
• Empty and take out trash from all areas (bathrooms, cubical areas, lobbies, etc.).
• Vacuum and/or sweep all areas.
• Wipe and disinfect sinks, counters, chairs, and tables
• Wipe and disinfect the exterior of coffee makers, microwaves, and other appliances
• Refill paper towels, hand soap, and dish soap
• Clean and disinfect bathroom surfaces (toilets, sinks, mirrors, counters, floors, etc.).
• Wipe and mop floors
Weekly Cleaning Schedule
The tasks on the weekly office cleaning schedule are probably the most essential services needed to keep an overall healthier work environment. These items are considered deep cleaning. Maintaining a good weekly office cleaning schedule prevents the buildup of dirt, grime, and bacteria. Some of the duties can be easily completed by office staff. However, other cleaning tasks are better left to a professional hygiene service since they will have the equipment and supplies necessary to get the job done.
• Refrigerator Cleanout: All food should be emptied from the refrigerator and freezer once per week; otherwise, it can quickly become smelly and unsanitary. Once emptied, wipe and disinfect the inside of the refrigerator.
• Deep clean appliances: All other kitchen appliances need to be deep cleaned weekly as well. This includes coffee pots/makers, microwaves, toasters, etc.
• Hygienic restroom cleaning: This helps prevent the spread of germs, viruses, and bacteria. Even if restrooms are surface-level clean, they can still be spreading harmful germs. A simple toilet flush can spread millions of water particles up to 20 feet — and with them, dangerous bacteria and viruses.
• Electrostatic spraying: Using a hospital-grade disinfecting solution, the spread of viruses can be stopped on high-touch, hard surfaces such as desks, as well as breakroom and restroom surfaces.
• Drains: Drains need to be cleaned weekly, especially for restaurant industries. In other office settings, clogged drains can make for sewage-smelling restrooms.
• Windows: Keep windows streak-free and clean with a good weekly cleaning.
Monthly Cleaning Schedule
Monthly services are equally as important as daily and weekly services; however, they are done less frequently. The monthly cleaning services are more of a maintenance opportunity to help surfaces around the office maintain their appearance and increase their longevity, especially stone flooring. Make sure to keep on top of these monthly office cleaning schedule tasks.
• Tile and grout: This service needs to be done monthly to ensure the life and preservation of any tiled surface. Grout can also hold onto smells and bacteria.
• Dust and polish: Dust hard surfaces starting from the top and working to the bottom to help prevent allergens and unsightly dust bunnies.
• Extra Vacuum (sofa, furniture, vents, etc.): Soft surfaces need to be vacuumed monthly to keep the fabrics in good shape and prevent allergens.
Enviro-Master Services Cleans for You
We can handle the big cleaning tasks for any industry. We specialize in ensuring large commercial spaces are spick-and-span with weekly and monthly cleaning and sanitizing services. For office spaces, we offer a host of services.
Our health and safety technicians are trained to handle commercial-grade products that give the most sanitary cleaning service. We schedule around your business hours so we can do the dirty work while you focus on what’s important in your business.
Contact us for more information on how we can keep your office in tip-top shape.